Latest News 20/03/2020
A personal message from CEO Caroline Connellan to our clients
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we recognise that the current situation is a challenging and unsettling time for us all. I wanted to update you briefly on what we are doing to ensure we can provide you with the highest levels of service given these unprecedented circumstances.
Our approach is as follows:
- We have moved our people to working from home and we are undertaking all our meetings by telephone or videoconference. This is to safeguard your and our people’s health and wellbeing.
- Through this time, we will continue to operate as close to business as usual as is possible, and we have a robust and rigorous plan in place to ensure you can access the services and support that you need. Of course, like you, we are monitoring developments continuously and across our business we are adjusting our approach to support you.
- All our normal engagement with you by telephone and email will, of course, continue. Given the rapid changes we are experiencing as a result of the outbreak, we are also working to provide fresh insights and commentary as markets react to events.
Process update and reminder
Given these exceptional times, we have made two additional changes to our processes to allow us to continue to serve you and your clients as effectively as possible while operating on a remote basis:
- Whilst our central Cornelian telephone line continues to be supported, our Cornelian website homepage details specific contact details for our various business areas during this time.
- In the current circumstances, we cannot guarantee that cheques will be processed. Your usual Cornelian contact can provide bank details for any payments you or your clients may wish to make.
No-one can predict how long the outbreak will last but the current uncertainty will inevitability diminish over time, and markets will stabilise and begin to recover. I do however want to reassure you of the strength of Brooks Macdonald as a business and our confidence in our ability to ride out these stormy times.
As has been true since the company was founded, we remain committed to protecting and enhancing our clients’ wealth and we will continue to provide the service you expect even during challenging times like this. Please do get in touch with your Cornelian contact if you have any questions or concerns.
On a final note from me, I would like to convey my best wishes to you and your family, and hope you stay healthy over the coming weeks.